General

Bigger boobs

Hey everyone!

I don't know if anyone has any information on this but the internet hasn't been hugely helpful so far.

I've always felt that my boobs were disproportionate to my overall frame and have seriously considered augmentation/implants. Looking at UK clinics, all of them seem to have a weight/BMI limit for this surgery. While I understand the need for safety with medical practices, I've got no clue as to the "science" behind such limits.

Does anyone know of any surgeons anywhere who will do such a procedure on a plus size human? Obviously I don't want to go to some dodgy "doctor" in a random country for the sake of vanity, but I'd love to talk to someone who has had this done at 300lb+ or knows anything about it.

Thanks in advance 💜
1 week

Bigger boobs

www.nhs.uk/conditions/cosmetic-procedures/cosmetic-surgery/breast-enlargement/

The NHS would put a weight based warning on (as they do for other procedures) if there was any issue with being larger and having the procedure.

It makes sense because the area is easily accessible and extra weight couldn't cause access issues.

It might be best to have a convo with your doctor about it.

Thought I'd post that in light of the absence of any response thus far.
1 week

Bigger boobs

YourFavouriteWeapon:
Hey everyone!

I don't know if anyone has any information on this but the internet hasn't been hugely helpful so far.

I've always felt that my boobs were disproportionate to my overall frame and have seriously considered augmentation/implants. Looking at UK clinics, all of them seem to have a weight/BMI limit for this surgery. While I understand the need for safety with medical practices, I've got no clue as to the "science" behind such limits.

Does anyone know of any surgeons anywhere who will do such a procedure on a plus size human? Obviously I don't want to go to some dodgy "doctor" in a random country for the sake of vanity, but I'd love to talk to someone who has had this done at 300lb+ or knows anything about it.

Thanks in advance 💜

Biochemistry/Med Student

The issue isn't the surgery itself, the biggest issue is anesthetics. At high body fat%/BMI, the dosing of anesthetics becomes very physiologically difficult. Fat absorbs drugs differently than the rest of your tissues. This can also be seen with alcohol consumption; fat bodies absorb and process these chemicals at different rates because you got MORE body to process it to oversimplify.

Basically, when putting someone under for surgery, there's a small window between unconscious and dead that the anesthesiologist needs to hit regarding drug levels.

When overweight, that window narrows to the point that it becomes an overlap and it becomes difficult to dose.

Too much? Dead.
Too little? You wake up with your chest cut open and have a heart attack from what amounts to being tortured during sleep paralysis.

I promise your doctors aren't being discriminatory against big girls, it's just bad practice to perform a cosmetic surgery with a 50/50 chance of killing your patient.
1 week